The entrance exam is organised as a two-stage process from March to May each year
From 1 December 2017 – 1 February 2018
Candidates must enrol online on the ERAC web site then send the required documents and enrolment fees by post. Once registered the candidates will receive a written invitation by post to present themselves to the first stage of the entrance exam.
From 22 to 30 March 2018
The candidates must prepare two theatrical acts. One an extract from a theatrical piece of work written before 1950 (included), and the other an extract from work written after 1950. Monologues are not accepted and the extracts chosen must last no longer than 3 minutes.
The exams will not require the use of costumes, make-up or music.
SECOND ROUND AND TRIALS
From 23 april to 1st May 2018
Following successful completion of the first round the candidates retained to the second round of the entrance exam will take part in trials lasting a full week.
- be aged at least 18 and no more than 27*
- hold a Baccalaureate or equivalent diploma*
- show proof of following initial or practical training in theatre work of at least one year in duration
- to have taken the entrance exam no more than 3 times
- no restrictions on nationality
* waivers granted